Thought I might not post frequently, I always keep busy!  Here are some pictures with their origin stories.
Picture
Zombiedillo
Meet tiny Texas Zombie!  

I combined two of Anna Hrachovec's wonderful tiny patterns.  The armadillo is from her book Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi, and the zombie is from a separate pattern collection.  I changed the pattern for the zombie just a little, making the legs longer, and making the shirt white.  I made up the little hat.  It is crocheted, starting at the top, making a little tube, and then increasing in every stitch to make the brim.  I should write up the pattern for those that want a tiny hat, but I haven't yet, so I would just say, trust your gut, and let the tiny hat flow from you naturally.  I put some wire into the raised arm so he could give a proper yee-haw, which shows a little in this photo, but just think of it as yarn zombie bones.  The reins are embroidery floss.  He now lives on the desk of a co-worker who is from Texas and loves zombies.  
Picture
Rainbow Trout Socks
A little treat for my husband who lends emotional support to all the projects you see on this site.  When projects start to go south, he listens to me talk it out, and he calmly accepts a bedroom destroyed by trying to find that one ball of yarn that just can't be found.  This pattern may look familiar.  It is the Sidewinders pattern that I've knit several times already.  I knit it with Mini-Mochi which was a lovely experience.   I was very pleased that the pink stripes landed on the sides of the socks so that it really looks trouty.  For fans of non-traditional sock construction (I know I'm not the only one!) I recently happened upon Hypercycloid's blog where she has been up to lots of non-traditional sock construction.  I've saved several of these patterns for future use.  
Kilt Hose, click on the images to make them larger
More husband socks!  My husband has been taking bagpipe lessons for almost a year, and he played in a competition for the first time recently.  Not only have I learned a lot of about the instrument in this time, but I've also learned about the parts of traditional Scottish dress.  Eventually he will have his own kilt, but in the mean time, he rented one, as well as all the fixings.  Of course, I was darned if he was going to rent or, perish the thought, buy the hose to wear with the kilt.  Also of course, I only came to the realization that I would need to make these hose 3 weeks before the competition (I ended up finishing them the night before).  No problem!  I found this lovely free pattern through Ravelry.  I chose the toe up version of the pattern because I knew I would have to make a few modifications to fit my husband's larger calves.  The hose are knit with worsted weight yarn (Cascade 220) but on US size 1.5 needles.  When the socks are on the leg, my vertical gauge ended up being 15 rows per inch, which is quite a few more rows than I think the pattern was intending.  Instead of two balls of the 220, I ended up using almost 4, but the result is a pair of very nice dense hose, no holes between stitches (which was my husband's main concern).  Besides doing many more rows for the leg and cuff, the only other modification I made was to do two more rib increases on the back of the calf, instead of the suggested single center rib finish.  (Sorry, I'm not sure how better to describe that, look at the picture of the back of the calf and I think you'll see what I mean.)  I want to try kilt hose again, and he is competing again in September, so, more kilt hose might show up here in the future.  
Picture
Ood!
Last, but not least.  I had had my eye on this pattern on Ravelry for some time, but had no reason to make it.  Enter the reason,  I had the opportunity to go to a Dr. Who themed party.  Hurrah!  This is a crocheted Ood.  The Ood are hilarious and also full of pathos, and so, they are favorites of mine.  This pattern was super quick and super easy, it took me about 2 nights of work.  I had all the yarn in my stash, so, good de-stashing project if you have some left over sand from an under the sea blanket and some left over coral color from making sea horses.  The pattern is also brilliant because there is a mouth opening behind the tentacles for breathing and eating.
Okay, and we're not caught up yet!  I have a lot of gifts to give in the near future and then there will be a catch up gift post!